Friday, September 6, 2013

The deep red heart

Our life is chaotic and painful and sad at the moment, but I am still managing to dedicate some time to my art. Here are some progress photos of what I'm working on at present.

Just need to finish the heart of the rose.  I was hoping to get it done today but am not sure this is going to happen. I will work on it but desperately need to have a rest and catch up on things neglected around the house.

I started this painting with the intention of donating it to the local Curves gym for their breast cancer fundraiser in October.  Now I think it is too big (80cm x80cm) to be an effective auction item at a small gym so am thinking of doing something a bit smaller yet in the rose, flower family.  Pink would be more in keeping with the breast cancer colours too.  What do you think?  Any ideas for a name? 

Hope you are all well and happy and welcome to those new readers who have dropped in to Heart's Landscapes of late. I'm sorry posts have been a bit light and scattered but my attention needs to be elsewhere at present.  I will update when I can and get back into full blogging mode in the hopefully not too distant future.

Sandy xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love your artwork Sandy, and glad to read your latest blog, though sorry you're having a tough time. It is good to see you still manage to let your creativity flow, as you've such a gift.

    ReplyDelete