The rough monochromatic underpainting I left you with last and a little peek of part of the reference I am using for this image. I am actually using more than one reference for this which has confused me a bit but I'm working it out.
Today in class I started to add colour. The hair is intentionally wilder and bigger than it needs to be so that I can cut back into it with the background colours and then work back over it again with hair colour.
Here is Don demonstrating a particular technique for rendering the eye. I get to further refine this and then use the technique myself to do the second eye. Will try to remember to take photos to share with you. If I was very clever I'd make a vimeo or youtube clip for you but that may be stretching my technological capabilities. Also would put lots of pressure on me to 'get it right' for you!
Here the mouth and nose have been moved over to the right of the image as they were a bit off originally. This is where I left off today. Lots more to do but it is starting to come together. Remember you can click on the images to see them at a larger size.
No comments:
Post a Comment