Saturday, September 19, 2015

Busy days

I love this time of year.  The weather is generally spectacular, my garden looks wonderful and for some reason the days seem long and lazy.  We've been very busy of late getting ourselves ready for the school holidays, dealing with jobs around the house, getting out and about and the like.  Last week I went to see my niece and nephew in their school concert and it was a blast.  Prep to year 6 is involved and it was so much fun.  So pleased that I went.  We also had sports day for the littlies at the school that my other nephews attend (the ones who live with me). 

The rain stayed away for most of it.  Master R threw a shoe in both races he ran in and never missed a beat.
It's mulberry time and my tree is simply laden with fruit this year.  We've just had a day of rain and then a day of wind so I have to go down and see if this is still the case.  I'll be bitterly disappointed if the fruit has all dropped.
 Not the greatest photo, taken from under the tree and looking up.  The dogs are spending most of their waking hours here snuffling in the garden beneath the tree and picking low hanging fruit straight from the branches.
I love how healthy the tree looks this year.  It had a severe pruning a number of years ago and has taken awhile to bounce back.

My friend Jodi and I meet once a week to walk somewhere away from our usual walking routes.  We head further afield generally and so far have selected coastal walks.  This week was no exception and we had the wonderful good fortune to see whales off shore (no photos sorry). These photographs are taken on the walk from Mooloolaba Beach around to the rock wall and river.  The path meanders on raised walkways over sand dunes, through parks, and always follows the beautiful ocean.  That's the Pacific Ocean for those who like to get their bearings.
The water was exquisite.  The most beautiful mix of clear aqua, turqoise, pthalo greens and blues.  We are SO, SO lucky to live in such a beautiful area.  When the summer heat hits and the snakes stop waking up and moving around so much, we will head inland and do some bush walks and enjoy the shade of the trees.  There are snakes everywhere at present yet I've seen none in my wild, tangled bush garden.

1 comment: