Sunday, October 4, 2020

Love Has Many Faces

What a beautiful day today has been. Sophie and I sat on the back deck and watched the dawn as it gently rose between the trees. We played in the garden and then I headed into the kitchen to prepare lunch for some family and friends.   My sister came with her two children. My friends Heilala and Mario came with their daughter Serena, Heilala's mum Joyce and cousin Ma'ata (both from Tonga).  Also in attendance were my friends Susana and Rodrigo.  Around my table sat people from Spain, Uruguay, Argentina, Tonga, Tonga, Tonga/New Zealand/Australia.  So many different faces, languages and customs yet such similar hearts and souls.  Kindness, love and friendship are the same in any language.  This is how it should be.


Our two beautiful tomato pickers in my wild, rambling cherry tomatoes.  Miss Serena and Miss Rachel, who is now taller than her mother and I.  Gorgeous girls.

Another lovely event this week has been the birthday of my eldest nephew.  You may remember our little red head from long ago blog posts.

Well, he turned old enough to get his learners this week so he's driving and has grown in to such a level headed, good natured young man.  We are still so close and that is so very special to me.  As I tell him, I'll always love him past the last star....

 

Sorry, I completely forgot to take photos of our gathering today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment