My tomatoes continue to produce prolifically. I've picked over four kilos of cherry tomatoes in the past week. They have a delicious flavour and it is such a joy to simply wander out the laundry door and pick what I need for dinner. With the excess, because really just how many tomatoes can Sophie and I eat, I am doing a tomato run today and dropping off bags full to neighbours and family.
Yesterday's harvest. I stopped picking when my large salad bowl was full.
A large green tree frog lives in a bucket tucked within the tomatoes and in an effort to provide him/her with a better living environment and as I move to expand the biodiversity of my little yard, I am building a frog hotel to place near the clothes line. I'll do another post of the process and finished product once I have gathered the materials and am ready to start.
My Chinese greens continue to flourish as do my herbs, lettuce and citrus. I'm endlessly amazed at how much food I can grow for myself in such a small space and I really could grow more as I'm not utilising the space as effectively as I could. I've been restricted by finances and time really. Now that uni has finished I plan to make gradual progress to expand my garden to include more food and to purposely integrate flowering plants to bring in butterflies and insects both for the pleasure of having them in my garden and for their role in pollination and pest control.
Sandy xx
No comments:
Post a Comment