Monday, May 10, 2010

Wildlife in the garden

Living in amongst the trees, and having extensive gardens means that something is always going on just outside our door. A couple of days ago I caught this stick insect being born at our front door. I'm amazed that he fit inside that little cocoon!
The King Parrots come daily to the bird feeder on our front verandah. These photos are taken from the lounge room through rather grubby windows. We can sit on our lounge and look at them as they feed. I love it. We also get galahs, cockatoos, rosellas and even the odd magpie or two at the feeder. Will have to remember to clean the windows in order to get better photos!
This photo was taken at Christmas a couple of years ago on the fence that divides our back yard from our section of land that is bush and holds a dam. The snake is a carpet python and is a very healthy specimen. They are non venomous and we see them off and on in the garden. They sometimes sun themselves by hanging in our hibiscus plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment