
Little Man J was here after school again today and after playing with playdough we headed down the backyard to the fire pit. We'd been talking about charcoal (he'd seen one of my charcoal drawings on the wall). I had explained what charcoal was but decided a demonstration was far more valuable a learning experience. We squatted at the pits edge and messily searched for pieces of charcoal amongst the ash. After a successful hunt we ventured back to the 'art studio' and set to work creating a masterpiece. There's so much movement in it, I think it's brilliant!

On a previous visit Little Man J helped me to prepare a piece of lamb for roasting. He picked the herbs from the garden and helped me prepare the vegetables. He learned what a leek was and how to use it. I talk to the kids in terms of foods being friends in order to describe flavours that go well together and it seems to be something that is working. This particular roast I slow cook for 3 to 4 hours and it just flakes off the bone. Delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment