Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back again



I've been away from blogging for so long that I thought the easiest way to catch up was to do some little photo collages. Very clever of me if it indeed works! Those of you who know of my technological capacities may clap and cheer....now! The above montage gives a snapshot of what has been going on in my neck of the woods over these past rainy months. You'll see some crafty things on the go, some crochet - 2 almost completed blankets; and some embroidery, crochet pretties that are completed! These are in the picture at bottom right. I've had inches and inches snipped off my hair as the central image shows. Much easier to look after although still has a mind of it's own.

A quilt show was attended at Maleny with my Mum which was a lovely day out full of oohs and aahs and 'I could never be that patient!'. The annual Orchid Show hit town and gave me a thumping big case of orchid envy. I do have a number of orchids which I must admit thrive on my neglect. Seeing the orchid show however made me want MORE in every conceivable spot around the home. I kept my head however and left with only photographs. The dull, dark photograph scrunched at the bottom of the montage depicts the dull, dark, rainy days of which we've had plenty. If it continues I fear we'll have an outbreak of vampires. Finally a snapshot of Wonderful Man and myself on a rare day out together. We headed up to Noosa to a gallery for a squiz.....more about that in a later post. 

Here we have some of the fabulous art that the little ones churn out when they are here in my 'art studio'.  Children's artwork is one of my very favourite things - so bright and happy and naturally expressive.

I have some exciting news that I will share in a later post but for now, here's a visual hint.....

If you'd like a closer look at the pictures simply click on them and they'll pop up lovely and big for you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment