I'm knitting a shawl in a rather fetching old English style. Sort of Tess meets Jane Eyre meets Elizabeth Bennett. I chose a Patons brand wool mix comprising of 70% wool and 30% alpaca. It's lovely and soft to work with and very warm on my lap so definitely for our coldest winter moments. I get quite cold when working for long periods drawing and wanted something cosy to keep the chill at bay. Judging by the nip in the air today and the chill in my hands I may have to learn to knit fingerless gloves as well.
I've really enjoyed this project so far and have even been able to repair a dropped stitch on an increase with the help of the ever marvelous YouTube. I have also learned a) what stitch markers are and b) what they are used for. Wonderful things, they take the counting of this project and as a result make things come together much faster. My favourite thing is the discovery of these funny little caps for your needle points that wonder of wonders, STOP THE STITCHES SLIDING OFF THE NEEDLE. This may be non-earth changing news for most people but is a revelation to me. Six rows to go so I will be finished tonight.
No art this week as I've had my niece and three nephews visiting for sleepovers (not all at once) and seem to have had a stream of visitors too. I found it easier to knit and be interrupted than work on my art. I need to be more productive as we have our first open studios in June. I am waiting on the delivery of a small order of prints (it's been an unnecessarily long process with much tooing and froing) and am also considering having some of my work made into jewellery as an alternative for clients. Here's an example using Cleo. What do you think?
I love the idea of the artwork in the jewellery. What are the prices like?
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Cleo looks great as a pendant!!
The knitting is coming along really well, well done. I love the colour of the shawl and the texture looks lovely.
Thanks for sharing!! XX