Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Watercolour

After a very stressful few days I had no heart to continue painting the sweet puppy I've been  working on.  I needed something soothing. I needed to play with colour. I needed something easy to set up and clean up.  So I faffed around with a copic pen and some watercolours.

I wanted these to look rustic and not like the soft, gentle watercolours you may be used to.
I've purposefully drawn very loosely, almost like blind contour drawings.  It makes the pictures more quirky I think and I quite like it.
The background on this is still wet in spots (darker bits) and I think I enjoyed doing this little 'meadow' the most out of all the paintings.  I was right to do this. I lost myself in the process and just enjoyed playing around.  If I had continued with the dog I would have had to think too much and I definitely needed a 'brain on the shelf' activity. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy,
    Wow these are gorgeous, just what you needed!!
    They are very charming and colourful, they must have made you feel very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must catch up with your other posts some time.

    I particularly like the one with the red flowers and the 'loose' drawing is a quirky look that I like, too.

    ReplyDelete