Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Oh that man of mine!


As per his habit Jeff went for a mountain bike ride after work yesterday.  He arrived home earlier than I expected....looking worse for wear I suppose I could say.  Now after many years of almost continual accidents, ahem, strange misadventures, we've had a long and uneventful period.  This lulled me into a false sense of believing that it was all behind us! 

Now, how did this happen?  Careening down a hill at a crazy pace?  Hitting a kangaroo or wallaby with his bike and shooting over the handlebars? No, nothing so adventurous. 

While WALKING up a very steep pinch with his helmet in HIS HAND and his bike on his BACK, Jeff trips on a tree root falls face first into his helmet and the bike whacks him on the back of the head further driving his face into his helmet.  I. Kid. YOU. NOt.  We turned the kitchen bench into a temporary MASH unit and fixed him up.  Once we'd cleaned him up and started repairs we realised he probably needed stitching around the eye but decided to let the butterfly sutures do the job and save a trip to hospital.  No concussion - he made as little sense as ever!   He woke up feeling a bit miserable this morning but is ok.

I start back at art tomorrow......

1 comment:

  1. There is so much I would love to say about this but I find I have now words. I think they've all been said before!

    Lets hope for a quick recovery, with lots of man scar stories!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete