I had expected to be finished with this painting - it is only small. But I find myself unable to stand for long at the easel before fatigue sets in so......I'm close but not finished. Instead of pushing myself this afternoon I've laid down brushes and will take a break. Here are some progress photos.
I started today's session by working on the tonal values that had were rather wishy washy when I finished painting last.
Further work on the background and definition of tones. The pear at front needs further work particularly where it's highlights are concerned. Interestingly the shadows and reflections look far better in the photograph than I believe they look in real life.
So, I need to finish defining the tones, particularly the highlights, put on stalks, fiddle around a bit with the foreground and shadows and straighten the line between the dark background and the lighter bench top. I keep changing the angle of it which is starting to test my patience if not my sanity!
Remember you can click on the images to see them larger. I hope you are enjoying watching the pears take shape. Be brave and leave a comment or question. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment