Sunday, August 10, 2014

Portrait update for Viv!

This is how my portrait progressed on Thursday afternoon.  Here the jawline has been reworked as has the mouth.  I've also started to fiddle with the skin tones, trying to make them more real to life. Remember you can click on the images to enlarge them.
Below you can see I have been starting to intensify the shadows around the jaw, mouth and cheeks.  The mouth has been widened too (I did this NUMEROUS times and then accidentally cut it back too far each time I cut back into it with the skin tones....doh!).
Here I have somehow managed to ruin the right eye so it looks too open yet droopy at the same time.  I will need to fix this on my next paint through.  I have aslo started to rework the hair which was fun. 

For the next paint through
  • rework right eye (her left)
  • start to resolve her wrap and hand - gulp. The hand gives me mild heebie jeebies.
  • continue work on hair after working on bottom third of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment