Yesterday was a good day. I tackled some of my large pile of uni work and was happy with my progress. These last 4-5 weeks of semester are always pretty full on. I have four assessments due. A slide show on Gender Dysphoria (transgender), and three essays totalling about 6000 words. One of the essays is a critical reflection where we have to analyse ourselves basically. Self analysis is a huge part of our degree and we do it frequently in class and as part of assessments. We also have mini counselling sessions at least once per week, sometimes more and there is no hiding anything from yourself or others. Some students find it confronting but it is done in a very respectful, understanding and supportive way and I am finding it to be very worthwhile and interesting.
Anyway, back to yesterday. After spending the morning on uni I then got out of isolation - gasp! I drove down to Caloundra and had my hair done. It was so strange but lovely to be doing something so normal yet rare. The day was beautiful and I so appreciated it. Sophie was ready for some love and a play when I got home so we had some fun before I got in and cooked my dinner. Oh my goodness, it was divine. Creamy Broccoli soup from Nagi at RecipeTinEats. So very easy to make.
You add butter to your pot and cook down some onion and garlic before adding 4 cups of vegetable stock and 1.5 cups of water. To this add 2 cut up potatoes and two heads of broccoli florets. Put the lid on and let it bubble away for about 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat and use a stick blender to blitz it before stirring through 2/3 cup of cream (I used less and used the low-fat cooking cream), then stir in some grated cheese. I think the recipe called for 1.5 cups of cheese but I used less too and it still tasted lovely. Oh salt and pepper too. An easy, healthy dinner.
I'm tired today and out of step with my routine. My day usually starts around 5.30am with my study day beginning between 7 and 8. I read too late last night and this morning I am feeling the consequences. Sophie woke me at 6am and then again at almost 8 as I'd fallen back to sleep after letting her out. It's not a problem though, I just adjust my plans to fit and I'll still get everything done. This morning I've been organising my application to return to teaching. My teacher registration renewal came through this morning so I can get that underway. I'll look at relief teaching or permanent part-time work with either Education Queensland or in the private sector. I know one private school looking to fill a permanent part-time position so I'll apply for that and see if it fits around my uni commitments. It's a bit difficult when I don't know my timetable for next semester yet.
Coffee sounds like a good option right about now. It may perk me up enough to get back into my study.
Stay well and safe everyone.
xx
Sandy

That soup is awesome isn't it? We loved it here when I made it and it also freezes really well. Good luck with the job hunting petal. xx Susan
ReplyDelete