Thursday, April 9, 2020

Baby Steps in Isolation

My first round of assessments are done and dusted and we are entering a period of no classes over Easter so I have a bit of breathing space.  I've slowly started planning and researching my next written assessments and have filled my isolation time with giving Sophie lots of love and pottering around the house.  Since J leaving and shattering me and my life into a million pieces I have had no heart for my art. I felt no connection to that part of myself that creates and enjoys it.  Today I spent some time in the garage making an art space for myself.  It's not finished and I'll adjust it to suit as I begin to use it but it is a start. Small steps towards healing.  Never in a million years did I think healing and recovery would take so long and that the hurt and psychological damage would still be so strong after all this time.  I'll get there though.  Studying mental health triggers me, bringing up things about J and his family that hurt anew while helping me to understand more clearly the depth and form of their disorder as individuals and as a family system.  Lots to heal from. 
 Once isolation is over I'll look at getting some kind of covering for the floor. An offcut of lino perhaps.  Found a snake skin while I was sweeping so the snakes are about even her in town.
Sophie and I doing our daily yoga session. :)

Stay safe and well everyone.  Just like my healing journey that is taking time and many, many babysteps, our world will heal and our new life will return. 

Sandy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment