Sunday, June 27, 2010

What I wrote while procrastinating over a post title

We had a lovely little Sunday outing up the range today. For a more extensive write up and pictures click here to visit my other blog. I'm making an effort not to double post.
On the creativity front I made this cute bouquet of vintage and new buttons. Absolutely cruddy photo doesn't do it justice. It is SO VERY CUTE! I used florists wire and simply threaded it through the button holes before doubling it back on itself. I made stacks of buttons to form the flowers. Easy, therapeutic and fun to do. I became addicted but unfortunately ran out of buttons. The lovely Miss Heilala, our very own Tongan sister gave me some of the buttons for this. Thank you Lala and Malo e lelei!! I may have a new source though as my brother-in-law's Aunty evidently has an enormous stash. Aunty Rett, here I come!

Sorry, things have slowed down here on Heart's Landscapes, I've become a bit more focussed on Belladonna's Garden. Will need to get my head into dual blog space and get back into posting here. Thanks for being patient.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely blog! I didn't know that you had this one. I'm so pleased to have stumbled upon it. I am giggling over your title. I can write several screens without missing a beat, and then I wring my hands over a title. :)

    ReplyDelete