Currently in art we are using charcoal and preparing for our final assessment in this unit which is a self portrait in charcoal and conte. I just haven't felt comfortable using charcoal and am not happy with the results I've produced so far. This has amped up my anxiety about the quality of the final self portrait that I'll produce for my assessment. So I set myself up to practice - lots - over the weekend to get my head around this medium. The results..... I read a book, wrote a list of 100 things to do before I die, did some washing, swept floor, cleaned the granny flat (which I use as an art studio) and moved the furniture around etc etc. You get the picture. It's amazing what you can achieve when you are avoiding doing something else. This is what I did achieve with the charcoal...
I finished the urn which we began in class. Really not happy with it so may go back and play with it today - if I can bring myself to.
My next exercise was the above wooden stump. For this exercise I followed instructions but added more of 'my way of doing things' and felt more comfortable and at ease with this. I found it easier to do to when I forgot about all of the detailed instructions and just drew what I saw. Am happier with the results I achieved here too.
One day I'll get around to posting about the rest of my life instead of just art, art, art.
Stay well everyone - do you hear that Miss Robyn!! Thinking of you.
I particularly like the rope going through the bracket on the stump!
ReplyDeleteArt is life, isn't it?