Sunday, March 18, 2012

In between sleeps......

I have managed to complete my first paid work as an artist. Two paintings done as gifts for a little boy and girl. The paintings are in a whimsical style, inspired by the art of a 7 year old Nari Luthi who I taught 20 odd years ago. My pieces are influenced by how Nari painted 'life on the moon'. His inside out depiction fascinated me. Here we have stage one.








Here is the finished product.








I hope you like them! I'm amazed that I have managed to achieve this considering how unwell I have been. Must be on to a good thing with my art.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Well done - great use of colour and more greeting card potential!

    You are onto a good thing.

    Hope you continue to feel better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. So similar and yet so different from the ones that have been on your wall for years. I love them.
    You are such an inspiration, I know just how unwell you have been and yet you still have been able to produce amazing pieces of art like this. The page has been turned!

    xx Susie

    http://daydreamincolour.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete