
My 'little man'! I was caught quite off guard When my name was called out and hadn't actually heard why. I had to read the trophy when I made my way back to the crowd. Blush.

It's for first prize overall for the best art piece and I received it for Cleo!! My beautiful girl, as I've always referred to her in my head, has won me a prize! I am grateful, quietly excited and a bit stunned. The judging was done by a wonderful and well known artist, Don Milner. So thank you for this lovely treat and confidence boost Don! I'm quite delighted that I met Don actually as I am keen to study with him later this year at a week long art school.
Thank you also to Lyn Donald who has been our teacher this past 12 months and who helped every single one of us achieve amazing things in a relatively short time. Thanks also to Lyn for providing us with this opportunity to showcase our work in public.
What a lovely week it's turning out to be. My first payment as an artist for the commissions I completed. A new car (which we don't actually get our hands on for a few more weeks). Seeing everyone from art and receiving a lovely prize. Seeing a special friend so very happy in a lovely relationship after many years in the wilderness. Hearing the joyful adventures of another as she travels around the US, and hearing the joy and excitement in my dear sister-in-law's voice when she tells me about the new job she has just been offered. Congratulations Dianne. I'm also having my birthday soon, so cake with candles!! Just such a happy time.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
This is just sooooo awesome petal. Congratulations. You really do deserve it! What a wonderful week you are having. xx Susie
ReplyDeletehttp://daydreamincolour.blogspot.com.au/
Congratulations - very well deserved.
ReplyDeleteSandie
http://dancingonabladeofgrass.wordpress.com/
Well done Sandy. You deserve it. Cleo looks brilliant. ♥Kylie
ReplyDeleteAwesome news Sandy!!! You have such an amazing talent:) Lala xx
ReplyDelete