Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A lovely easter

We've just had the most lovely Easter break. Lots of relaxing, spending time with loved ones and pottering around at home. On Saturday my sister and her family came over for a bonfire and barbeque. Very exciting for the littlies! They gathered fuel for the fire from all around our yard, played on the playground equipment, toasted marshmallows, set the table and then topped the night off with a movie on the big screen (movie projector).













It was a lovely night and the kids were just so good. Lots of fun.

Feeling restless a little outing was planned with my Mum and Dad. Both our boys piked at the last minute so Mum and I decided to go by ourselves. We headed out to Little Yabba Creek and had a walk in the rainforest there. It's a great walk, you just need to watch out for the stinging trees.



I am quite sure that wee woodland folk live here! Isn't it gorgeous. I love strangler figs.



Just to give you some idea of size. Mum is standing probably metros away so she would look even smaller if standing right against the trunk.

We drove home and after I'd had a snooze, Jeff and I got into the garden...



-



Jeff obeying all laws of safe chainsaw usage.... Mmmmmm.



A growing pile.



Treasures found. In amongst the overgrown growth of our murraya Jeff spied these... Baby stag and elkhorns. We ended up with about 4 branches covered in them, which we have saved to do ..... Well I don't know what we'll do with them. They'll definitely need transferring to larger surface supports than these little branches.

A great weekend. Hope yours was just as lovely.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Thanks petal. We all had the loveliest time and I know you enjoyed your drive even without the boys because 'charging a drill' is so important! xx Susie

    ReplyDelete