Thursday, April 12, 2012

Making art

Where my art is concerned, I've been at a bit of a loss lately. I haven't known "what to do". Couldn't settle on what to paint, or should I do a charcoal piece or maybe graphite....lots of wheel spinning and indecisiveness. I cleaned my studio. I changed furniture around. I worked in the garden and avoided art altogether. Finally, over the weekend I declared procrastination must end and I just had to do something. I would turn up at the easel and work my way to inspiration. Because I was playing I primed watercolour paper to use as my sustrate. Once dry I squished some colour on and simply played with backgrounds.

The next day I looked at the backgrounds and thought, "what would look nice on you?". I gave myself permission to copy something if that's what it took to get me painting. I rifled through old calendars, photos etc and got started. This is what I came up with...








Not in the style of fine art but I had fun and I think I got my mojo back. I had some precut mat that I tried with them and they look fantastic. The mat really lifts them. Alas, no photos of that.

I've now worked out my next art piece. The canvas is primed, the subject chosen, and I spent time yesterday sorting out paint colours. Keep an eye out for the project posts.

Have a great day everyone - or sleep sweet if you are heading off to bed.

Sandy xxxxx

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment