Yes, you read that correctly. I have been busily preparing for a joint exhibition over the Easter weekend. However, we found out last night that due to insurance issues we are no longer able to go ahead with the exhibition. This is a shame but I am also relieved. I felt quite rushed with only four weeks preparation and a very small body of work. This will give me time to add to my body of work, improve my art and grow in confidence. Another positive that has come out of this is that I've been in the studio more and have been able to make a plan and work to it to produce work in a deadline driven situation. I've developed a better idea of how much time I can spend doing art before my body starts to protest and collapse which is a huge help. I've fallen into the habit of doing about a six hour day on a Monday and then two to four hours a day on following days. I can't sustain larger consecutive days.
This is what I've been working on....
Finishing my latest hard edge piece. Will edit in a better photo when the rain stops and I can get one. I love the colours in this, particularly the water and the vase. Not the greatest composition however as the lighthouse and vase fight for attention. Live and learn.
I have also been working on a charcoal image depicting a cropped view of Michelangelo's Pieta.
Have I shown you the process I go through to do a charcoal portrait? I will talk you through my next one. Above you will see that I've done a line drawing and then start to fill it in with shading etc. I just work at it until I end up with the finished product.
I'm really quite happy with her. It's not hard to come up with something good when you are copying a genius.....
No comments:
Post a Comment