I feel as though I'm missing in action at the moment. I've fallen back into a terrible fatigue state and am either asleep or in a fog again. I'm not sure if it's a result of four weekends of open studios taking their toll on my body or if that's just a coincidence. I haven't even been into the studio this week but I did go to art today. It felt good to go even if I had to leave early because it was a bit much for me.
Sick and tired of being sick and tired and doing nothing, I dragged out my crochet hook and some wool yesterday and made myself a wrist cuff. I quite like it even though it's a bit girly for me. I made up the cuff pattern using simple UK dc and then used Lucy's rose pattern for the floral adornment. A rifle through my odds and ends found a pinkish bead, saved from a broken Christmas decoration - I KNEW it would come in handy, was perfect for the centre.
It was a very easy and quick project, requiring no brain power which was just perfect. I think I'll make a smaller one for my niece.
Today in art we continued our study of cityscapes. This time our reference included the use of one point perspective. We began by creating a tonal study of the image. I used a slurry of burnt umber as my underpainting colour which I think was a mistake as it was too warm. I should have used paynes gray or prussian blue as my base.
I then started to add colour while remaining focussed on tone and major shapes rather than detail.
As I brought in the blue I distorted the tonal balance making the road darker than the buildings (see photo reference in picture). So I needed to fix that up by reestablishing the lighter tones.
This is where I left it. I was too sore to concentrate anymore so instead of battling it I decided to pack up early and come home for a sleep. :) I confess to being less than enthusiastic when Don told us we would be studying Cityscapes and am pleased to find that I am actually really enjoying myself and appreciating the subject. Thank you Don. :)
Thinking of you all, even if I am a bit quiet at the moment. xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment