Wednesday, March 26, 2014

In Loving Memory

When I was 11, my Aunt went on holiday overseas. Tucked in her luggage were letters I had written in the hopes that she could find me a penfriend.  Well, find me a penfriend she did.  Liz lived in Yorkshire in England and we wrote prolifically throughout our teens, nurturing and developing a very close and very special relationship.  It remains one of the most significant, important and treasured relationships of my life.

I have had the extreme good fortune to be able to visit England and spend time with Liz and her family on five or more occasions.  Her family welcomed me and gave me a place of my own within their close knit circle.  They have helped to contribute to many, many happy and special memories,  and lots of laughter.

Sadly, Liz's beloved dad, Brian, passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly on Monday.

Farewell you grumpy old bugger.  Thanks for the memories.xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment