Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Knit and Natter

Being Wednesday it was knit 'n' natter day with my sister.  We used to meet at my house but have started a new habit of going to Mary Cairncross Park for our sessions and are just loving it. Jeff and I were married right there in the cafe area overlooking the mountains.  Susan and I sit, creativity sprawled out over the table and chat and create for a couple of hours.  Today was cool and misty and we both wore jeans for the first time this year - in March!!  The cafe area has a central fire place as it does get cool up on the range.  Sadly it wasn't cool enough to be lit today but it is something I look forward to immensely in the future as the cooler weather settles in.

Susan mainly crochet's during these sessions whereas I am a bit more all over the place. Sometimes drawing or knitting or crocheting or ...... you get my drift.  Always chatting and lots of laughter. It is so good to have a sister like mine.  Such a treasure is our relationship.

Today I refreshed my knowledge of embroidery stitches as I try and work out WHAT TO DO with the watercolour rooster painted yesterday. 

I put old chooky in an embroidery frame but I'm not really happy with him.  The watercolour seems too washed out and even with the addition of embroidery I think it will be too flat and ho hum.  I'm starting to mull over some options and will place him on the back burner until then.  Perhaps some layers of fabric feathers and then incorporate embroidery in to that... Hmmm.  I may even try doing another image of chooky onto different fabric and use inks, acrylics or less diluted watercolours to see how that turns out.

So chooky and embroidery abandoned I dove into my other supplies and started to crochet a new ripple blanket.  Well a knee rug really but I do tend to get carried away when rippling, it is so soothing. 




During the 'nattering' component of the day I remembered a shopping trip to a fabric store in Portland, Oregon.  The Fabric Store I think it may have been called and it was of epic proportions.  Jeff took me there as a thank you for demonstrating patience and tolerance through all of the sports store visits we had done.  I purchased some fabric to make a small quilt in memory of this most wonderful trip and it has remained in a drawer ever since.  Hmmm, some three years or more it has waited patiently in my stash.  I came home and reacquainted myself with it.
Although I'm really quite tired at present I seem to be bursting with the need to be creative and DO things. Many things. All sorts of things.  Not a bad thing really.  So I shall just plod along, rest when I need to and flow where my creative whim takes me.  

1 comment:

  1. It was another lovely morning wasn't it? I enjoyed it so much and yes it is so good to have a sister like mine. You are the best! Luv ya darl!

    xx Susie

    ReplyDelete