Thursday, March 27, 2014

Knitting and nattering and general busyness.

My sister and I had a fantastic morning doing our usual knit and natter yesterday.  It was wet and cool and we were loving the feeling of being cloaked in by the clouds. Very cosy.  I'm going to try and do a picture of the view each week (if I remember) and see how it changes over the year.  Here is is cloudy and wet.

 The ripple blanket I showed you in my last knit n natter post has grown, even with a brief hiatus while more wool was ordered.
While I waited for the wool order - which arrived very quickly thanks to Morris and Sons in Sydney - I worked on a cowl with some wool from my stash.   A wool, silk combo that is just so divine to work with.  So soft and springy. 
On the art front I've been preparing for our ANZAC Day weekend Open Studios by making more bunting.  It's fun, happy art that puts no pressure on me which is just what I need right now.  Here is some bunting with a background coat of paint on.

Here are a couple of finished pieces.
Aaaah.  Pretty, pretty.  The wet weather has really set in today so I think I'll settle in to the sound of rain on the roof, BBC tv on the box, a nice pot of tea, crochet some ripples and paint some bright, happy bunting.  Blissful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment