The mosquitoes eventually invaded and forced my hasty retreat back indoors. It was lovely while it lasted though. I do love my fire pit.
Today is Sunday and I usually do a few things to prepare me for my coming week to make things flow more easily. This is all I managed to do today.
I boiled some eggs to be added to salads or grabbed as a snack during the day. I made a fruit salad to have for breakfast with greek yoghurt and my seed and nut mix sprinkled over, or eaten for dessert or a snack. A greek salad, yes there is cucumber in there it is just not mixed very well! Oh, but I have forgotten the olives. What a ditz.
I make these to make my days easier, particularly if I'm not feeling great or am busy. I can just grab something and eat it without having to go through meal prep really. For lunch I often throw a mixed assortment of leafy greens into a bowl, spoon over some greek salad, then add an egg or tuna or leftover meat to the dish. Other times I simply add avocado. I usually make one more salad, typically based around leafy greens but I ran out of energy. I can always do this tomorrow. On days when I'm tired I often simply put the salads on the table for dinner and quickly cook a protein of some type and dinner is done. Easy and healthy. I also intended to stew some fruit to have warm with my yoghurt and nut mix for breakfast. Warm fruit can be a welcome treat now the mornings are cooling down. That is now on my list for tomorrow. I'll make enough to freeze some in portion sizes I think.
Another job I usually do today is to make sure I am caught up on the ironing for the coming week. I'm afraid it has rather piled up this week as unusually I've been out a lot. Jeff did some earlier, but the rest is on my list for tomorrw. Now I'm letting it sit up and watch TV with me. Kind aren't I!
That's quite a pile in that poor basket..... Something to look forward to for tomorrow! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment