Sunday, February 16, 2020

A Morning Out



On Friday I had a serious case of cabin fever so I decided to head out.  Keeping in mind our recent heavy rain and localised flooding I decided to stick to areas where I was pretty sure that the roads would be open.  I headed up to Buderim and went for a walk in the park near the Arts Cottage.

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature 
The grevillias were in full bloom.  I've not seen this beautiful yellow before.

 The buckinghamias are in full bloom wherever you see them. I have one in my front yard and it has been heavy with flowers for weeks. So pretty. 

Buckinhamias are often called Curl Curls. You can see from this close up of the flower why this is so.

I then picked up my friend Jodi and we went to see the Endeavour Prize Home.  It was accessed by a steep winding road which if left unsealed would have resembled a goat track.  It was nice enough.  I am happy to see that prize homes have become just a nice, normal house rather than the mansions of old.  Far more livable and easier to rent or onsell.  The house itself was built over 3 levels and made the most of the views out over the trees.  

I arrived home to find my crucifix orchid has finally flowered. Yay!  I brought it with me, one of the few plants that I was able to save from my old garden.  I had begun to think it would never flower.  So happy.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely morning out. I'm trying to think of small things to do with Michael now that he's home more, just to get us out of the house so we're not always under each others feet. Any suggestions? xx Susan

    ReplyDelete