Friday, February 24, 2012

Learning curve


I seem to have hit a wall or slumped into a pit of horridness, halfway through my painting of Cleo. I'm struggling with a few things as I move to her larger and lighter feathers. I don't have a handy technique in my artists toolbox to use when painting these feathers. I'm muddling along tediously slowly and learning as I go. With my painting I often find that I learn by doing, by continuing on through the challenging and difficult moments. I paint through my frustration and insecurity, my fear of 'wrecking it'. In doing this I learn and move forward. A bit like life really, learning to move forward through uncomfortable emotions. I'll post more photos of Cleo when more progress has been made. As for now I'm not painting. Why? Well because of this....





The painter is in the flat painting and the 'studio', or living area of the granny flat has become a dumping ground. No room to paint. It's given me a huge desire to declutter and then head gleefully to Ikea with my Dad's ute together some bits and pieces. Do you like my YELLOW walls? They sort of shout in capital letters but really, I'm giddy with excitement over them! Now I just need some glorious oil cloth for the art tables. Bright red with jolly little white spots all over. Aaah. Such happy thoughts.

I'm ruminating over starting an art journal to record my journey to become a professional artist. Am not sure whether to keep it in an artists diary or whether to simply record my head and heart journey here. What do you think?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Firstly I think you should turn your learning curve upside down! You are progressing well.

    I think the de-clutter and zingy walls will help you onto the next stage of your painting.

    An artist's diary? What about a second (or third?) blog charting your progress?

    Incidentally you hand write your "a" just as I do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that another blog for just your artists diary is a great idea. You can take photos of drawn pictures or use your ipad thingy to do others.

    I know you'd always like to have drawn pictures or small painted pictures to do by hand though which is why I suggested photos. You'll always need to be able to doodle on something!

    xx Susie

    ReplyDelete