I used Morris Estate wool from Morris and Sons. I don't receive kick backs from them, just mentioning where I sourced the yarn. I have received great service from them each time I have placed and order with them. Speedy too which is essential when you have a bee in your bonnet to start a project YESTERDAY!
In the winter I napped beneath it as it progressed. Just wide enough to cover me at this stage. :) Am loving the colours.The aqua/turquoise colour especially which should come as no surprise to me as it's everywhere I look in my house! I've just realised that the palette I chose for this closely reflects the colours I love to use in my artwork and I've noticed these colours all around our home.
Ta da! The finished blanket with photos taken on a dismal and dark rainy day because thanks to a cyclone up north we finally have RAIN and lots of it. Woohoo.
I finished it off with four rows of UK and AUS treble crochet. It matches our room and bedding perfectly don't you think? Come on winter.
Not sure why but this image keeps coming out upside down. Sorry folks. Aaaaah. One unfinished project done. 1000 more to go. Do you have any unfinished projects to get off your back and out of wherever you have them stashed? Go do it says Miss Bossy. :)
I can't believe you've finally finished it! It looks so fantastic on your bed and I can't wait to have a good look at it next time I'm over.
ReplyDeletexx Susan
This is absolutely lovely! I wish I could crochet - well I think I can but the wool doesn't sit well in my hands when I do try it. More practice needed.
ReplyDeleteI love the colours in your blanket.
As for the rain - as we've experienced it since last May almost constantly it seems weird to be pleased to have it!
As for the upside down images - well you ARE down under!
I have completed my unfinished knitting project! It was tiny compared to yours though.