Thursday, January 24, 2013

Unfinished business

As many of you know I am living with a little cluster of serious health issues/diseases.  This is what it is and for the most part people can't tell.  They only see me on 'good days' when I can leave the house and at least hold a conversation.  As you also know I've found something that I can do - art - which I can work around my physical needs.  This has been such a wonderful discovery.  After so many years of being virtually housebound and becoming increasingly isolated I have found a way to interact and contribute again.  For the most part my art and my health bob along quite nicely together, each making way for the other.  There are times however when things don't go to plan.....

I began studying with Don Milner, 3 hours per week,  late in 2012 and found it wonderful but EXHAUSTING.  I really began to struggle, firstly with keeping up with class homework and then just keeping up with life.  I only missed 3 of the 12 days which for me is really good.  I found myself in the situation though where I have quite a few unfinished pieces from class because I couldn't keep up with the homework (we won't discuss the housework that went by the wayside....mmm). 

An unfinished seascape....
One incomplete 'green bottle'. :)
Unfinished metal study.

I'm relieved to note that other students found themselves in the same situation so don't feel too badly.  I also have completed pieces to share with you such as the charcoals in previous posts and a few more acrylic pieces so all is not lost.  My art isn't all commissions and loveliness, it's a tangled mix of finished pieces, sleeps, unfinished pieces, more sleeps, ideas and of course lists of things to do.  I am a big lists girl. It may take me longer than I like but I do and will get everything completed.  I look forward to sharing them with you and that you continue to enjoy seeing art in the process of being made.

Stay well and happy everyone.

Sandy xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment