Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Flelvis is ready to leave the building....

When I started my art journey two years ago I didn't imagine that I would be doing commissions, exhibiting work or holding open studios.  I most definitely would never have imagined that I would be painting a dog in an elvis costume as commissioned work. Frankly I would have thought you crazy if you suggested such a thing. Yet here I am sharing with you a dog in a glitzy elvis costume.... I love how life takes us on such unexpected and wonderful journeys.

My client came last night so we could make the final decision on the addition of glitter and gems to the painting.  It was so much fun.  We put on far more glitter than I would have added and we toned down the gemstones that she initially wanted and used clear gems in the shape of stars.  It has turned out PERFECTLY FOR HER.  Flelvis will bring joy in the home where he is going to live and that is, after all what counts.

It was hard to take photos to show the 'bling' to effect but you get the idea. Remember you can click on the images to enlarge them.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Flelvis.

All he needs now is a sensor that sends him off into a rounding rendition of Viva Las Vegas every time you walk past him.... Oh my.

1 comment:

  1. He has turned out brilliantly and I know that this will be another treasured picture of her boy in the owner's home.

    xx Susie

    ReplyDelete