Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Quiet Week

I've been tired this week so have had a quite time which extended into today.  Aannsha and I were here holding an open studio again today as part of the Arts Trail and finally at 3.30pm we had two visitors. My friends Viv and Tony (who I met through an art class) turned up to support us.  Yay for friends!  Part of the Open Studio idea is to be actually doing art when people visit.  I set out to complete the calla lily I had been working on.  I fiddled.......

 and faffed.......
and wasn't feeling the love at all.  I could not get my head into the painting process this morning so I put it aside and decided I'd just have to do something else.  Sometimes the art just doesn't flow.
I started to play around with another intuitive painting and it seemed to take forever to settle into as well.  I moved away from my usual colour palette by reversing it really.  I usually use lots of teals and pthalo blues with highlights of red. Here I tried a warmer palette and I'm not sure I am fussed with it.  Aannsha really liked it but I think I need to sit on it a bit more and maybe even make some changes before it will grow on me.
 This is where I left it today.  I think I'll play with it again tomorrow to improve the balance of the piece. My goal for tomorrow is to finish the calla lily and continue with the landscape seen below that I started on Thursday. Hopefully I won't be so tired and I'll produce better art.

Aannsha was far more productive than me, completing two lovely felted items. A cute vase and a new scarf.

Hopefully we'll have some more visitors tomorrow when we open the studio. If not we'll enjoy ourselves being creative and productive anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment