Monday, June 24, 2013

Open Studio

The artists involved in the Glasshouse Country Arts Trail opened their studios for the first time this weekend.  We had been away and returned home a few days earlier than expected so I managed to get the studio open to the public on Sunday.  I am sharing my studio space (and the kids playroom) with  Aannsha who is a textile artist. She also brought along some lovely paintings that she has done too so we certainly made the most of the space available to us.  We had a few visitors, all who have seen me paint before so Aannsha gave us a felting demonstration which was just brilliant - my brain now has something else to focus on and want to do.....sigh.

Here is the lovely Aannsha doing her felt demonstration.
 Here are some of our visitors joining in and having a shared go at felting.  It was so quick and quite a lot of fun.  The girls all enjoyed themselves and my sister Susan is at home today making felt in her kitchen.
I won't share all the photos of the day as the Glasshouse Country Arts Trail blog has photos (click on them to enlarge) and a short video thanks to Aannsha.  Keep an eye on Susan's blog too as she mentioned that she will be doing a blog post on our day too and the girl took LOTS of photos!

I sold a necklace with my an image of my owl painting in the pendant and received an order for another necklace with a different image in it.  I also had another project come out of the day but I can't share that with you until closer to Christmas as it's secret.....ssssh.  I can say that it involves collage.

Very, very tired today after having the studio open yesterday and an 8 hour drive home the day before.  I have still dragged myself into the studio though and this is what I've achieved in 50 minutes of painting - it's just the underpainting so don't freak out on me if it looks a bit ordinary! :)  I'm don't think I'll get anymore done today as I think an afternoon nap is on the cards.
Our Arts trail is open for the next three weekends so if you are near the Glasshouse Mountains during this time come and visit us.  Details can be found on the blog linked earlier or brochures and maps can be collected from the Information Centre in Glasshouse Mountains.

Thank you for supporting my art journey.  Hope to see some of you soon.

Sandy xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment