Last Friday I was diagnosed with something new. Polymyalgia Rheumatica. I have a very LONG, serious health history with issues that began ..... 17 years ago with an autoimmune disease, followed by cancer and I'll just say etc, rather than detailing my other diagnoses. It's ridiculous. I am on long term prednisone treatment now which I'm not jumping over the moon about but I've taken this new diagnosis very calmly. Is this because I basically have been burnt out by the whole health issues thing or is it because I've become a regular meditator and this has changed how I react to things?
So straight after the doctor I came home, did a bit of a google to find out what I had then I spent hours doing a mindfulness meditation. I worked on a page in one of my Johanna Basford books and used my prismacolor pencils. Thank you Aannsha for introducing this meditation strategy to me. Very grateful. :)
After completing the page, I allowed myself to think about this new diagnosis and my new medication again. It changes nothing really. They don't control my attitude, my relationships, how I choose to manage my life overall. I still have a wonderful husband. I still love where I live. I love my friends and family. My two sweet dogs remain unchanged. Beautiful birds still come to my birdfeeder or sit on my window sills and stare me down through the windows. So much to be appreciate and enjoy. This is just a speed bump. I think a much smaller speed bump due to experience and most definitely due to the changes I feel within that I attribute to meditating regularly. Another thing to be grateful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment