Now those who know me, know that I am ALWAYS picking up rocks, seed pods, feathers, interesting leaves and bringing them home to draw, gaze at, decorate with, fill vases with etc. So imagine my delight to find myself in a huge industrial shed full of rocks, geodes, crystals, and fossils. Oh my the fossils. Swoon. I probably walked the aisles at least three times (with my notebook and pen - organised thing that I am), before I started to do my shopping. I was just delighted to be there but very calm. I had expected to be giddy with excitement.
Would you like to see....?
Can you believe it??? Just trying to give an idea of the size of the place.
An enormous amethyst geode near the front entry. It was probably 2m tall.
A small section of the geode room.
These were facinating and found in all sizes throughout the building. They are shiva lingam stones, a sacred stone in the Hindu religion sourced from the Narmada River in Western India (thank you google on my phone). I thought they rather looked like dinosaur eggs. Wouldn't it be great fun to get some ones in the size of those at right of picture and hide them in the garden? I could send the kids hunting for dinosaur eggs. What fun! I bought two small ones instead.Heart shaped stones of a great many varieties. There were also pyramids, animal and angel shapes, obelisks, skulls - you name it they had it.
Two very long tables full of tumbled stones. Oh my. So many to touch, run your hands through, ponder over. So many I had never seen or heard of which was great. I love learning new things.
Then the fossils. They are waiting for me to come back and make another trip. They were incredible.
Finally, my haul for the day.....
I picked up six clear quartz generators (the pillar things at the back). An ocean jasper and a fossil coral egg (both at back right). Two Shiva lingams and three Mookaite tumble stones (row in front of quartz). A lovely palm sized piece of labradorite (mid right). Some tree agate (3), a mini quartz cluster, amazonite (4), banded agate (blue), black obsidian and four pieces of picture jasper tumble stone. Across the front are red coral chips. I'm not sure why I bought those other than I loved them for no explicable reason.
And the playing begins.......
Oh, and I came in way under budget. As it was a wholesalers I had far underestimated what ended up being affordable. Yay!!
No comments:
Post a Comment