Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Catching Up

Today I find the last few days have caught up with me.  We had friends and family over on Saturday night for food and play and glowsticks in the pool (there were 7 children under 12).  Oh my what fun. Oh my the non-stop busyness.  I kept myself small and quiet on Sunday trying to recover energy from the previous night and bank some for Monday's jaunt to the crystal warehouse.  I loved the trip to the city. I loved sharing our home and Saturday night with lovely hearts. Doing 'ordinary' things.  My body has collapsed today under these choices I have made in the use of my energy.  Not that I regret my choices.  I have to live my life as well as manage my health. As I sat this morning waiting as new tyres were fitted on the car I was reminded of spoon theory.  I read this long ago and it was so apt for my own situation...  how I present and the reality of my existence are frequently incongruent.

On this weary day I ache to lie on the earth under my tree (a habit developing of late). To rest deeply and fully.  I wish for a fire. But it rains. So, instead, I gave my sink a shine. Thank you Flylady.

 Watched my succulents swim in the overflow from our decrepit guttering and did nothing about it other than photograph it.
Stood on the back deck and gazed longingly at the cavern like darkess beneath our tree, and longed to crawl under and sit by the fire.

 Gazed at the vinca's in prolific bloom by the pool and thought of my maternal Grandmother.  She had vincas on the farm.  Vincas and hydrangeas.  They always make me think of her.  I think of her strong hands as she worked hard on the farm, digging, harvesting, preparing food.  I see her hands setting the table with china teacups with saucers and churning out knitting and crochet projects in great profusion.  All filled with love and her laughter.  Today I feel her close although she has long been gone. 
Even tired days have sweet memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment