Sunday, November 27, 2011

At the drawing board

For art homework this week I have to complete three small paintings in three different styles  using techniques covered in our course to date.  I'm also letting my mind work quietly in the background on ideas for my final piece. I have two options really and am thinking about both of them.  This morning I have made a start on a line drawing for the semi-abstract hard edge style used for the butterfly picture I've shown previously.  Our subject was a green tree frog and we worked from a photograph provided in our notes. 
I have scanned in the image that I've done but it hasn't come out particularly well.  Now I need to mix my paints and add them to the swatch I've included at the bottom of the page. Finally I get to paint.  It's been an interesting exercise as I usually shade and shape as I paint whereas this makes you define shadows, colours and other defining features prior to painting and with 'hard edges'.  I'll show you the finished product this afternoon.  Hope you are all having  a lovely Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment