Here is the almost completed frog done in the hard-edge semi abstract style. I probably need to do another coat and I'll be done.
I then took some time to play around with developing a colour swatch for Cleo the owl. Her photograph is peeking out at the left of the image and a rudimentary swatch shows colours I've developed for her eyes, warm feather colours and the dark around her eyes. To help draw attention to her eyes I've blued the black by adding ultramarine blue. The blue and orange together intensify each other and will help draw the eye. I've also had a play with colours for the background and have come up with a red-purple or a dark blue-gray. I thing the blue-gray will be the best choice.
I wasn't chained to the table all day. It was very humid and 34.7degrees celcius, so when I finally broke for lunch I headed out to dip in the pool first. This is what I found....
The girls in the pool with Jeff. It's a tough life don't you think? They actually stayed like this for quite awhile before getting fidgety and wanting to move.
Oh wow, that is hilarious! Your pups are adorable.
ReplyDeleteI am in awe of your artistic skills - I can barely draw stick figures.