Monday, November 28, 2011

Progress

A couple of days ago I posted about how disorganised and behind I felt so I thought I'd give you a bit of an update.  I received a lovely comment from Sandie providing me with some reassurance and as Sandie comments, it doesn't matter if everything doesn't get done. I totally agree. I think some of the anxiety I'm feeling can be attributed to my final art piece looming over my head.  The rest of the anxiety stems from the fact that in order for me to have a 'normal life' I have learned that I need to be super organised.  If I don't organise myself it becomes extremely challenged to have the energy to participate in things like Christmas festivities, shopping for gifts etc.  Although I am much improved I still struggle and the requirements of my art course have really pushed me to my limits and sometimes beyond.  For example I've been pretty unwell again this week and that's after a week in Fiji relaxing!  The flights, which weren't long, a visit to friends in Sydney with time spent at the beach (always difficult for me but enjoyed) and just the change in routine, have seen me really quite fatigued, on an ECG at the doctors twice because  my heart electrics went crazy and struggling big time with day to day tasks like making the bed, preparing food etc.  The simple task of doing the groceries sent me to bed for a deep exhausted sleep for two hours and unpacking the groceries took me two days.

By being organised I use my energy more efficiently and this means the difference between being able to catch  up with friends or not, being able to be impulsive e.g. going to visit a friend or attending a local event.  Although Christmas is and always has been a relaxed affair with everyone contributing food etc, I still need to start storing up my energy so I can enjoy the day and I'm also starting to conserve energy so that I will be able to enjoy time with our visitors in January.  I'm sure this all seems odd and difficult to understand for most of you. Those who live with me everyday probably have a better picture of what I'm talking about.  Basically if I don't organise my time I get really tired, ill, sore and life becomes a real struggle.  I've learned over these past 12 years or so that by being super organised I can live a far more normal life and that's brilliant.

So, with that in mind.....
  • I dug out an old Christmas plan (who brings what food, recipes and grocery lists) and so all I have to do is pass it on and shop for what's on my list. No thinking or effort other than that. Whew! 
  • I got started on my art homework and put some thought in to my final piece and what I'll write to support my decisions regarding colour choices and compostition
  • Thanks to Flylady I've done little bits each day to start catching up on undone housework as I've fallen way behind here. I had piles of dog hair floating around the floor, baskets full of ironing and washing etc. Am slowly making progress here.
  • Menu plan is done so I minimise waste, use what's I've got on hand and don't have to think at night if I'm tired.
  • For the first time in 4 years I have done our Christmas newpaper and just need to pop these in cards and post (this is the only contact we have with some people as they are not online).  I rather enjoy looking back over the year or in this case years and seeing what we've done too. Don't have many cards to write so this won't take long.
  • I raided the gift cupboard and found a few gifts that have been gathered throughout the year and now just need to work out what to do for the remaining gifts.  Perhaps a big cook up. I did that one year when both my sister and sister-in-law had newborns. I made a heap of meals and froze them ready for them to reheat.  Very well received gift.  Easy to do with slow cookers and rice cooker.  Mmmm. Might be on to something there.  Just close your eyes when reading this Susan!
So even though I'm tired and feel a bit gross I've made some progress and feel better for it.  I am doing a bit of art today but won't get all of my homework done. I'll rest this afternoon so I can go to art class tomorrow and have rests planned all week so I can deal with 'Tree day' on the weekend.  My niece and nephews come over every year, first weekend in December, and help me put the Christmas tree up and decorate the house. It is CHAOTIC.  We usually do some Christmas cooking, dancing etc too.  Each year since their birth I've bought them a new decoration for the tree and they get to open this little present on 'Tree Day'.  Looking forward to it.

If I get any art completed I'll post it tonight.  The post seems a bit rambling and jumbled but I'm tired and that's where my brain is today.  Hope you can get some sense out of it.  I think  a sleep before lunch is on the cards today.

No comments:

Post a Comment