It's not a great photo due to lack of photographic skill on my part and a terribly wet day with rubbish light. After quite a journey both on canvas and within myself my final piece is ready to be handed in. I'm thinking of calling it "Everyday Abundance" as it represents to me the simple, easily accessible things that surround us and enrich our lives. A favourite pot and flowers; cheerful lemons in a lovely blue bowl; jars of gleaming jam; and a view over gardens and farmland to treasured mountains beyond.
Edited to include cropped and better quality photo.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
I've been meaning to comment on your painting for a couple of days but things have been hectic here with looking after an 18 month old.
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful painting Sandy, you should be very proud of yourself. The colours and tones are gorgeous and well balanced. The eye travels well around the painting - the composition is also well balanced with the items in the foreground giving the initial interest and then the eye being led gently by the ferns to the far distance.
I like the way too that when focussing on the sole orchid flower the eye then travels up the leaf and across to the mountains.
I just love it! If you happen to get this printed as a greetings card (recommend Moo cards online) then please may I have one?
Well done!
I was reading the following blogpost earlier today and thought of your and your style of painting ... you might be interested to read it. This is my second attempt at a comment as the computer crashed when I tried it the first time.
ReplyDeletehttp://spitalfieldslife.com/2012/01/27/alfred-daniels-artist/
Hi, its me Sherri,
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous!!!!! You have done a great job. You have great hightlights, excellent form and colour. I don't know if you could put more shadow or depth in it. It is really good. Congratulations.!!!