Yes I know that the correct spelling of 'fale' is f-a-i-l. My spelling and language have been influenced by numerous teens in our life and I thought I'd show how 'with it' I am. Why the epic fail? Well, after being so very good with my Flylady routines and menu planning.....I find myself here this windy Wednesday with NO menu plan and hmmmm, when did I last do my routines around the house...um last week sometime! Ooops. Need to learn how to focus on art and all else in a BALANCED way.
My biggest 'fale' has come about as I followed the inspiration of my sister's grocery challenge. She's doing really well to feed her family of 4 on $80 per week. I decided that I'd like to do the challenge too and set out enthusiastically... Hmm. Here's how I went.
Monday - ALDI $34.95 Cereal, bread
Wednesday - Woolworths $138.60 Fruit, veg, eggs, milk, meat and cheese.
Total: $173.55
That's $95.55 over budget. Yes the cereal will probably last us for a month and the fruit and veg will do for about 10 days but still - what a blow out. I could have got the fruit and veg cheaper by shopping at the fruit stall but chose not to today. I did by dog food and am wondering if I should leave that out of my grocery challenge as being meat it's more expensive. Will have to do a bit more thinking about whether to include dogs or not. I didn't buy anything we didn't need and made the cheapest selections available. For example I wanted 2 pork chops for tonight so I went through all the trays of 2 chops until I found the cheapest ones. The difference, in case your interested was 70cents.
Will update my adventures in art over the next couple of days. Until then, stay well and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment