Sunday, June 12, 2011

FLYing

Today has been a cool, overcast and at times wet day. After popping up the coast to run a couple of errands and to share a coffee with my sweet man I came home and pottered.  As I've got back into 'Flylady' I use my time much more effectively. As the kettle boils or microwave runs I find myself spot cleaning the kitchen, running the swiffer over the floor, putting a couple of things back in their place, rebooting laundry etc. I've also been using the power of 15 minutes again. I set the timer as per Flylady and set to work.  We came home to a dog cushion torn to shreds and spread from one end of our verandah to another.  I grabbed the wheelie bin, set the timer and got to it.  Not only did I clean up the explosion of padding, I swept a small area of the verandah, cleaned off the duchess at the back door, returned some shoes to the shoe rack, did a poo run (picked it all up) in the immediate back yard (we have more than one), wiped the cobwebs off a large pot, brushed down the chairs and table of the outdoor setting and returned the wheelie bin to the side of the house all within 15 minutes.  The difference is amazing and once again I doubted I'd make such a difference in just 15 minutes.  I SHOULD KNOW BY NOW. 

The rain had stopped and I was still feeling ok so I decided to do another 15 minutes outside.  My vegetable garden has been an appalling mess of late so I decided to attack it.  I had 4 big rosella bushes to dig out as well as the stump of a pawpaw. I set the timer and not only did I get the bushes and stump dug out, I managed to weed 2/3 of the garden as well. This included putting all of the garden waste in our green waste pile further down the yard.  I think another 15 minutes tomorrow and I'll be able to fertilize, mulch and be ready to plant my next crop.  Brilliant.
This is the pawpaw tree I didn't pull out.  It's loaded! I'm thrilled as I've had NO luck growing pawpaws here in the past 10 years. This is rather odd as they grow like a weed and happily grow with little attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment