Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stages of a portrait. Part 2

Day two of working on my portrait for homework.  I toughened up this morning and made a start on my expensive artists paper instead of fluffing around on ordinary (and cheap) bond paper.  Can't play it safe forever!  Here is my work space on the table with tools of the trade, including my brand new glasses which might help me see what I'm doing a bit more clearly!  I use a masonite board on the table as my work surface. It provides a smooth, clean support to work on.
Here is a close up of what I've achieved so far today. It's taken a few hours as I've been building up layers and even gazing at things with a microscope to see the detail in them.  There is obviously still a lot to do and much refining to occur. I'm not particularly happy with the 'spider leg' eyelashes I've created but it's too hard to rub them out.  I haven't done any blending either so the face shading is very rudimentary.  This is on the agenda for tomorrow or later tonight if the whim takes me.  Feel free to click on the image, I think it makes it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment