Today was a good and bad day with the pencil and I made a bit of progress. As I worked the portrait somehow started to feel off, not quite right and I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was/is. Instinct and eye said I'd done something to change the mouth which altered the appearance of my image. Further close peering and puzzling resulted in me thinking that something else was 'off' too. So, I went back to measuring and made adjustments to the eye at the left of the page and the shape of the lips. Very hard to do and I was packing it while doing it in case I wrecked everything. It is an improvement but is still not quite 'right' to me so will require further consideration and adjustment as I finish it. I've started on the texture of the fabric in the skivvy and think I'll focus on that tomorrow and leave the face alone for 24 hours before coming back to it. Hopefully I'll have some answers and the ability to fix it and produce an image of a quality I'm happy with. Without further ado....
I can't believe how much work you've done in one day. It's looking AMAZING! xx Susie
ReplyDelete