Monday, June 13, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Time for my next menu.....

Mains
  • Chicken and Leek bake with mustard plus steamed veg 
  • Slow cooker chicken (whatever I throw together) and veg served in gluten free crepes for change.
  • BBQ steaks, potato bake (or mash) and mixed sauteed greens and carrots.
  • Banana Curry Chicken foil packets, veg and quinoa cooked in the rice cooker.
  • Steamed ginger fish, udon noodles and stir fry veg
  • Spaghetti bolognaise with whatever pasta I have on hand
  • Fend for self/leftovers/boiled egg night.
Baking
  • Mini cupcakes - one batch of plain, one of mocha. Take some to art to share for morning tea.
  • Apple crumble for the freezer so I can pull it out and simply heat it up one night for dessert
This is how I write up my menu plan. Main meals are seen at left with a space to the right for notes such as where to find the recipe.  The far right of the page is where I jot down lunch and snack ideas for the week.

 I organise my shopping list by writing my menu plan at the top. This stops me getting sidetracked and buying the wrong things!! It also has proved very helpful if I have to make substitutions due to availability once I hit the shop.  I always shop my pantry, fridge and freezer first and this usually helps me write my menu plan as well as my grocery list.  The list above is only partially done.  There we go. That's how I attempt to keep organised.

We are actually starting the week with the slow cooker meal as it suits what we have going on today. I'm pleased to say that it's already working away doing it's thing and making me dinner while I do other things.  Just gotta love those indentured servants.  My other well loved household servants are my rice cooker, my washing machine and dishwasher. Am SO grateful to have them.  They free up so much time to do other things.

Having a very slow start to the day here in the long house.  It's 10.45am and I am 'gasp', still in my pj's which is almost unheard of!  It's a public holiday here so things are rather slow.  I've spent the morning writing in my journal and curled on couch with a steaming hot cup of tea and the most recent book in The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series.  Bliss.  Now though it is time to get back into the fray and do my routines.  

Stay well and happy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment