Sunday, April 18, 2010

Title Image

The image accompanying my blog name was taken on my last trip to the UK in 2007 when J and I travelled over for the wedding of my dear friend Liz to her Paul. It was taken on a day trip from our little flat in Invermoriston near Loch Ness to the West Coast. We travelled along the A87 (for those of you who like to look at things on maps as I do) to Eilean Donan Castle. It was a misty, cold day but quite lovely for it. Eilean Donan Castle is rather an iconic place in Scotland and has stood and been inhabited in various forms since the 6th century which is rather impressive. Inside you have good access to most of the castle and they've left it set up and decorated as if a family is in residence, so beds are made, kitchen is a hive of busyness with birds hanging, cookbooks and menus open to be perused etc. The title image was taken looking over the Loch from the castle.
You may have guessed that not much is happening here at present, hence the post-from-the-past. I had been asked about the title image so wanted to blog about it and it just evolved into a wee snapshot of Eilean Donan as well. Have I stirred up a case of wanderlust in anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment